Something is Happening

Something is Happening Project is successfully done! Very happy to have this unique experience of having my own art show with other artists from class.

This art show takes a long time to prepare in order to make it happen. Before, when I try to present my artwork to the public, I simply post them online on social media. What other's reaction is give me a "like" or rarely, "comment". Whereas, in the show, I have the chance to talk about my art with people in person and get feedback right away. The feeling of having a real discussion of work is so different than seeing people's one time comment online. For the actual art show, the experience of putting a photography into frame and hang on the wall give me a feeling of presenting art in a 3 dimensional level instead of only present in a flat cellphone. Having art show allow me to consider everything around my piece "art". For example, how people read the order of the pieces and how the tune of the room affects people's feeling are all become part of our works. 

"Myth means putting on the audience, putting on one's environment"(McLuhan, 114).

It was such an amazing experience to work with all the other artists in the class and see all the ideas mash together to make our life become colorful. 

Comments

  1. I really love your pieces for the gallery. I love how they contrast each other

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts