[Final Project] The Beautiful Thing in Life Is Not Yet To Be Found







The story of all the life in V2Q1 planet will continue in the future, the most beautiful thing on the planet is invisible, it is the most colorful, powerful, sometime painful's conscious thoughts of every living beings.

The Intermedia New Media In Art course is end, the journey of simulation brought many inspiring thoughts into my life. Every week after I finish reading one chapter of Simulations, I always got many interesting topics to discuss with my friends around. We talked about history, politics, art, love, and being trapped in this only reality we can see. Philosophical thoughts are changing the way I see the world and the way I express art. I wish in the future someday, I can set myself free and present my art in the same relax way as Paul McCarthy, blowing other people's mind. One thing I learn from the concept of Baudillard's book is we question everything in 1000 complicated steps in order get the answer for ourselves to believe from the origin. Even though the final answer might be surprisingly simple, we will never see it unless we go through the thousands steps before. I am seeing this world more clearly and realizing that all the answers are actually simple, the next step is to see what I can do to polish the answer or change the function to get a different answer. Just the same as my project idea, consciousness and emotion are the meaning of living a good life.

In terms of the study methods I learned from Johnie's class, I am always impressed how everything Johnie put on Powerpoint and blogpost seems all disconnected but all fall together and make sense in the end. Art is always not about simply do the reading but actually do the thinking. I found extremely intriguing the way all the philosophical ideas linked to the definition of art and the way we perceive this world. Learning is like solving a jigsaw puzzle, a puzzle of the meaning of life by our own, it take forever but every move is important and has influence for the next step.

Comments

  1. “We will never see it unless we go through the thousands steps before” is really profound I think. Over the last year of classes, it has felt like I have had a few jaw dropping intellectual paradigm shifts. But I haven’t really? It feels like that in the moment because when I’m putting in the work of thinking — looking at a given subject at a thousand different — it feels like I’m making paradigm shifting discoveries. But like looking back at ideas I had in fall term, I think, “well, duh!”

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts