[Research Report] Jenny Holzer & The Power of Her Truism

 In doing the research from the contemporary artists list Johnnie provide for artist report, Jenny Holzer's stood out for me so amazingly. The first few images of her work I see are all the LED lights design with her truism words on it. Without knowing much of the content, I am already attracted by the form of the art she is doing. However, with a further discovery of her work, I gradually realized the contradictory of my perception to art. There are times, or most of the times, when I consume art, the visual appearance of the piece is more important than the actually content for me. Because if I see an art piece and it doesn't even make me feel comfortable by just viewing it, I lose the interest to discover the meaning of it. When I say comfortable, it doesn't mean it needs to be neat or organize, it could be disturbing but comfortable at the same time for me. But my point here is that the visual of art is already a huge distraction to me, with my experience of viewing Jenny Holzer's art, it requires even more fixing of my mindset in order to receive the full information of her piece.


The link to my presentation powerpoint

https://lawrenceu-my.sharepoint.com/:p:/g/personal/dongy_lawrence_edu/EXcmCQnfmG5IouQ3d-6vMg8BxhS61L0vnADw329SlsbGnw?e=M4fr0t 

The link to my outline

https://lawrenceu-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/dongy_lawrence_edu/ESlaseBoBKJGuJ2f2CU7PpIBxDGlVeZfqT2zWC1xdvaVLw?e=vwyI4f

Comments

Popular Posts